Tuesday, June 13, 2006

an essay

I entered my dad and sam into this Father's Day Contest the newspaper was running. I hope one of them wins! The prizes are pretty good and either one of them deserves it very much.
Here are my entries:

For Sam (He's only been a dad for 8 months so his is shorter...but still meaningful! :)
My husband is the greatest dad in the Bay Area. We have an 8-month old who is full of personality and spunk and my husband is always there to play with him and love on him. When baby goes down for the night, my husband faithfully gets up to feed, comfort or change our little one. Every night, without fail. My husband works hard to provide for us and is already showing our son how to care for a family, love his wife and have strong faith. I'm so proud of my husband and I know that our little boy has the greatest dad ever!

For My Dad
My dad is the greatest dad in the Bay Area! He and my mom have raised two girls, have two teenage boys at home and are adopting a five year old little girl. As a pastor, my dad is a father figure to many people in the community but most importantly he is always there for his own kids. Our faith in God is strengthened because we know that our dad practices what he preaches and that he is the same person on Sunday mornings as he is at home on a Friday night. Whenever we need him, he is always there. He always puts his family first and lets us know that we are most important to him. My dad does whatever it takes to provide for his family and makes sure that we are all well taken care of. Even though us girls have married, he still looks after us making sure we are treated like queens. He plays video games and goes camping with my brothers. He built a playground for his adopted daughter and watches movies with her. He encourages all of us daily to pursue our dreams and do our best. My dad is #1.

my favorite thing is how I say that sam is the greatest dad in the Bay Area and also that my dad is the greatest dad in the Bay Area....kinda funny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I think that they can both be the best dads in the bay area.--Brenda

Anonymous said...

I hope one of them wins! That would be neaT!